In the case of diabetes, choosing the right and beneficial foods can be challenging for some, but leafy vegetables like lettuce remain one of the best options to rely on as they offer many health benefits for diabetic patients.
Moreover, it provides many health benefits for diabetes patients, including blood sugar regulation. It does not cause any significant increase in blood sugar levels, according to Daily Medical Info.
Several medical studies point to many amazing benefits of lettuce:
- Consuming lettuce helps in preventing type 2 diabetes.
- Lettuce contains a large amount of antioxidants that protect the body from diseases and enhance its ability to fight infections by strengthening the immune system.
- Lettuce contains anti-inflammatory substances that help prevent various types of cancer, such as blood cancer and breast cancer.
- Lettuce contains a high amount of water and dietary fiber, which helps in feeling full and satisfied. Therefore, lettuce is considered one of the best vegetables to include in diets.
- Lettuce contains certain substances that help calm the nerves and improve sleep quality, thereby overcoming insomnia. Some studies suggest that these substances contribute to treating anxiety disorders.
- Regular consumption of lettuce helps reduce high cholesterol levels, which is a key factor in heart diseases like heart attacks.